Sunday 1 January 2012

Welcome 2012!

(I wanted to post this a couple of days ago, but for some reason I couldn't upload the video. So now I created my own youtube channel just to share this with you. Sorry, took me a bit to figure out how to work it.)

I spent New Year's Eve at home drinking mojitos and baileys. Good stuff. I tried to find a decent TV show looking at the highlights of 2011, but to my disappointment I couldn't find one. So we settled on the music channels. Did some drunken dancing, played some card games and at midnight we headed out on the balcony to watch the fireworks.

All the excitement was recorded on my new camera. The quality is actually not that good. I guess it was just too dark. Please, please ignore my horrible voice. I hate having to listen to my own voice.

The big fireworks on the left are at the London Eye. The lights you sometimes see that almost look static in the sky are floating lanterns. I thought they were pretty cool. Two of them came dangerously close to our house. I think there was almost too much wind for them, but they were pretty!

Now enjoy!









5 comments:

  1. Cool. We watched them on TV...soooo amazing. A few years ago we actually saw them live..there's nothing better (apart from the 1999/2000 Paris Fireworks of course...)

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Well, it's hard to beat the millennium fireworks. Maybe they'll have cool ones for the Olympics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drunken dancing! ^_^ Hehe. Yeah, I couldn't find much on TV that night either...besides the ball dropping in NYC.

    We'll have to figure out a time to Skype! :) I think that the USA is about 4 hours behind England. I'll just keep my Skype on, when I'm home, for the next couple days. Feel free to ring me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome you could see the fireworks at the London Eye from your place, how convenient!
    And you're the same as me, i hate hearing my own voice too! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Laura: Finding a time will be hard. The whole time difference thing always gives me a headache. My parents are just an hour ahead of me, but even that I keep messing up. But not to worry, I'm sure we will manage to be online at the same time!

    @-phx-: I know, hehe, the flat is in a great location.
    Yeah, not a fan of hearing my own voice. It's just soooooooooooooo different. LOL.

    ReplyDelete