Thursday 22 December 2011

Whoopie Pies

This week I had my last day of work before the new year. What I didn't expect, but what I thought was really lovely, was my boss giving all of us home-made truffles. They were soooo delicious!

My company also had a little 'Christmas market', where they sold of some books, cakes and other stuff for charity. I couldn't stop myself from buying two whoopie pies. And they had red sparkle on top of them! Very delicious.



On a different note. TFL (transport for London) has just sent around it's holiday schedule, or should I say lack of it. I thought on Christmas Day it was only the tubes that weren't going anywhere. But apparently it's also the buses that are not going. No public transport at all. Not ideal since we want to go meet my bf Dad and stepmom at their hotel I guess we will tell them that sight-seeing is out of the question on that day. We can try to find food. But that's it. We agreed that we would walk to the hotel and then splurge on a cab ride back home. Because they are not gonna rip us off at all if no public transport is available. The joys of Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment